Thursday, October 30, 2008

Yorkies

Because my blog is about my family and our yorkies, I guess I should write a bit about them. We raise and sell mostly tiny yorkies. Our "stud" is a 3 pound silver and tan yorkies. He actually thinks he is a Dobie. lol... He will take anyone on. We know he is the sweetest little guy who loves attention and to be snuggled and held. His name is Bear. Actually it is "Jordan's Montana Wee Bear". We have 3 females, Ali aka "LaBella's Bit a Sunshine" Rosey aka "April's Top Card Rosey" and Missy who doesn't yet have her registered name. She is only 6 months old and not ready to breed. Ali has 2 baby boys , 12 weeks old. I do have some interest in them at this time. Bear has his DNA in the AKC stud book. Ali is 3 pounds and is our 1st yorkie. She is totally spoiled rotten and follows me around all the time. She is the one that tells me when the food bowl is empty, when everyone needs to go outside, and when she just wants to be held. She could sit in my lap all day long and be perfectly happy. The others need to stay away from her babies or she will make it plain they are hers. Missy is a little stinker. She is mostly black. her fall hasn't changed color yet, so it is quite a shock to see her with her jet black hair. She reminds me of one of those soft floppy stuffed animals. She can jump onto my lap. She weighs 4 pounds 13 ounces. She is a joy to watch and play with. Rosie is our oldest female. She is 8 years old and has had many litters before we bought her. She was 5 when we got her. She is the one who can get out of the yard, but always comes back right away. She will sit by the food bowl just so no one else can have any. She will not share. She is also the biggest of the bunch at 7-8 pounds. Her puppies have not gotten bigger than 5 pounds.
Besides our Yorkies, we have a Minpin cross(with what we don't know) He is an old dog and ornery as he can be. The yorkies for some odd reason will never leave him alone, always licking his face which makes him pretty mad. lol.... And then there is Max. he is an austrailian shepherd cross and gets pretty irritable with the yorkies too. (they just want to be friendly) Max goes to work with Greg everyday. He is a herd dog and very well mannered. He sleeps in our room because Greg has him spoiled rotten too. He does warm my side of the bed before I get in though so I can't complain.
You can see my yorkies at www.freewebs.com/labellayorkies
Have a look and let me know what you think of my little furbabies. They are a joy to own and they love you forever. As the saying goes, Yorkies are like potato chips, you can't have just one.
Ours are small enough,we could actually have a few more. lol... My husband would go nuts.

No comments: